Thursday, August 12, 2010

You've Got Mail!


So today was the “big day”….I finally sent the letters to my neighbors.  This is how the morning started; I tell my daughter that we are going to be putting the letters on the mailbox between the flag and the box itself…....Lord knows I don’t need any media attention saying a teacher is committing a felony by opening mailboxes, much less to spread Jesus.   So off we go down the road, scared as all get out that one of them just might be outside, which would require conversation…yikes!  Of course Cali’s all about it, she skips to each mailbox happily placing the letter with no apprehension.  Oh to have that childlike faith sometimes!  Now for those of you who live locally and just happened to be outside about 8:30 this morning….it was hot AND sunny, by the time we delivered all 14 letters I was dripping in sweat. 

I kid you not….15 minutes later the bottom falls out of the sky, I mean pouring rain….really……?  I mean, nothing ever felt more like defeat.  Here’s the deal, I was obedient; that’s what he calls us to. It’s not my job to worry about if all the ink washed off the paper, but it IS my job to love my neighbor as myself. 

I had some errands to run after I delivered the goods (ya know, the letter!) this morning, but when I returned, I realized that 3 of the papers had been picked up. I took a deep breath, my heart was pounding….crap….I think to myself, now I have to wave and speak and smile and love EVERY time I see these people, this is real, there’s no turning back now.  Don’t you love that feeling?  It’s when I have those butterflies that I ask myself, now why exactly do I just sit back and stay comfortable? It’s when I get opportunities to tell my daughter that all Jesus has are His people to get this special message out, and if we don’t do our part, then someone may never get to know our Prince (she’s really into princesses).  Those are the moments God wants us to have EVERY day, those are the moments Jesus jumps in the break-dance circle up in heaven (I’m pretty sure that’s scriptural!).  Those are the moments you were created for.

So now we’ll see.  I’m pretty sure I’ll survive.  I’m nervous and excited all at the same time….that’s probably how Jesus felt in the garden don’t ya think?

Love you!

Stacey D 

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you @ssb! Way to raise the bar. Don't quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Stacey. Praying the Holy Spirit's blessing all your adventure! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about the next page of the journey. Can not wait for the first response. Stay radical Stacey. Luv u.

    ReplyDelete